Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Can My Rabbit Eat Christmas Tree

Oh, have you seen my ghost ... Groningen 20-02-2011

or Wintersleep
or: the Second Groningen 20-02-2011 - Het concert
or whatever ... ;)

So, now that is to part 2 of this special day (part 1 here was). After we had already seen some beautiful views and fed and were grateful for the many great moments, it was a special feeling to know that we are indeed the highlight was yet to come. Anticipation: get) to

In my constant panic for any concert no more tickets, which I had booked directly with the venue. It would not have been necessary, but rather pre-order one too many times when, after a long drive in front of closed door.

after the previous photo tour and a fun, adventurous Aways in the back seat of my car so we made our way to the Vera.



After a few minutes waiting in the bitter cold were then also right on time the doors opened and we entered as the first visitors to the premises. What can you say about Vera: a medium-sized alternative club estimated with room for 800 guests. Nice atmosphere, nothing spectacular, but we felt at once well:)


a long time before the hall should be their capacity had reached 6 musicians entered the stage - until now completely unknown to us Rah Rah . And off stored and captured our ears and dancing feet from the first note. Betrayal Pt. 1 was the first song and was the perfect opener - fast, energetic, thrilling. The mixture of 2 guitars, bass, keyboard, drums, plus - as a kind of coronation - a violin made fun and allowed a lot of nice gadgets. It was around drumming on various objects (like Beaches ), and as if that were not enough, the musicians demonstrated their skills as all-rounders - they happily exchanged the positions and instruments. Very soon I realized that I would arrive after the concert at the merch booth with me to CD (s) of the exciting band to stock.

Who liked the presentation and must have, at least if one is satisfied after his expression, that was Paul, the singer of Wintersleep. He eventually came from the depths of the backstage area to the front and saw a few songs too long - less than 2 m away from us. Although we did not constantly staring at him, of course (unfortunately, I would have liked ^ ^) I found him at close completely sympathetic. A teddy bear type, only smaller and slighter than anyone else ascribes this kind of guy:)

Rah Rah played about 10 songs, but I did not get the impression that someone in the audience would have seemed too long. Unfortunately, the Groninger public static similar as that in Aurich , but that might have been lying here and at the composition: Finally, finally, once a concert where I've felt out of place not in age. A large number spectator, mostly men, in the range 50 + ensured a very pleasant average age tended, in turn, but rage for the unwell and dance:)

The pauses lasted encouraging short and so we did not wait long for the band, because of the long road we had traveled. Wintersleep hit the stage, put a few setlists before them on the floor, and laid off. The very first song showed me that I am not yet enough working with them was - I knew him and knew it was one of my favorites is, except I was on the track. Now I know that it was Trace Decay from the last album New Inheritos, my first catchy tune on the album. And live a real cracker, was not simply stand still in it. "Memories, Memories ...."


terrible picture, I know, but I did not want to
photos or movies, I wanted to enjoy the concert, and
therefore made only a tiny 15-sec-proof clip from the
the image is cut out;) Who but felt like
photos, and more than we liked, was a photographer, the
honestly the whole evening in front of the stage and each band member
pranced around in dozens of different poses
scans, partly by giving them the camera was almost in his face.
He stopped just before the encore, one probably was his battery so empty :- Band (which is probably normal for them), but was still clearly in a good mood and tidy game rocked
but I admit to - the concert was really perfect, only when a very specific song would be it.
Nerves Normal, Breath Normal
. That was just over half a year, when I look at the band undertook the first time, my first major goosebumps song. I noticed the long instrumental outro, which is determined by an urgent and in a Bassriff creates the desire to even play the bass guitar can. Anyway, it was me so. When the band after the already bombastic Laser Beams with
Miasmal Smoke & The Yellow Bellied Freaks
went from playing one of her usual long farewell songs, my hope dwindled to NNBN then, but this did not diminish the joy Miasmal I became aware very aware and intense. I was excited about the additions. came after the obligatory short absence they returned to the stage and announced "two more songs" at. Someone from the audience shouted "Orca," and what happened? The band played Orca . A song that I had really been underestimated, but he shows his greatness only in the live version. "I'll be a killer whale when I grow up, I'll be a monster." Wow, amazing! And then happened to the first bars of the last songs were heard, and I liked my ears barely believable - it was "my" song. Goose bumps and again unbeändige pleasure to get to actually hear him live. Previously, I would now gargantuan cam and filmed like crazy, but I started to give the joy of the moment the preference. Therefore, there is only a link to one - clip on Youtube - I think very successful:
Nerves Normal, Breath Normal
. And then it was already over and what I had was a spontaneous reaching for the last set list, which still lay on the stage, and I took of me:) Sorry I can not show here yet, because they located in Oldenburg, where I password -.- But the content they have is this:

Trace Decay
Drunk On Aluminium

Encyclopedia
Mausoleum
New Inheritors
Weighty Ghost
Archeologists
Echolocation
Search Party
Terrible Man
Baltic
Laser Beams
Miasmal Smoke & The Yellow Bellied Freaks
----
Orca
Nerves Normal, Breath Normal
Actually that's not quite right, is on the list as the first song of the addition of Oblivion, but whether planned or due to the cheers from the audience he was replaced by Orca. I think that was a good decision:) (and once the proper list arrives, I'll Subsequent addition of course:))
Finally we have briefly go to the merch booth, in the hope of cheap albums / contact with musicians. Both have been met - Rah Rah were almost in full occupation at one end of the table and spoke to us immediately when they noticed our inquisitive looks on their stack of CDs. Created a short dialogue in which I asked them how long they have been playing together since they seem very professional (they are 3 years) and noted that I think it changes the instruments very great, what she liked. My question is whether they were successful in their native Canada, replied to they more or less with just a laugh - one probably should ask you something no band;) There was a bit further banter, which I do not get together so completely. In any case, I bought their latest CD
Breaking Hearts
, and let me sign it. The signatures of the two grade band members to be absent end I organized the bass player (also bassist-guitarist-singer-drummer) even extra behind the scenes - what a service!





And then it went wirklcih home. A long journey through the night, which was much longer in that my Navi any kind Hiccup and got every position about 300 meters later indicated, which we (to us was clear) missed one or the other exit. But that was the joy of doing a thoroughly successful day no harm:))
. PS The next day I bought on iTunes, the first album by Rah Rah,
Going Steady
, and find it even better. A band that I will keep definitely in mind, and to live especially worthwhile because they are still vastly more powerful than it did on the already good albums. .

0 comments:

Post a Comment